It’s the ultimate in braincare!
I had so many requests to put ‘Every Little Cell’ on a video so you can access it easily.
So here it is. Yes this is for you! Parents, teachers and carers!
The video is aimed at your children (of any age) to watch. Of course, I know us adults are loving it too.
Read on so you know the therapeutic benefit of showing them this video!
* Melody activates the limbic system which allows us to feel, experience and move our emotions through us. An essential process for anyone experience uncertainly, anxiety, grief or fear.
* Melodic mantras have a greater impact on neuro plasticity than spoken or written affirmations as the music leads to dopamine release – which is essential in the motivation to repeat the mantra. This means singing this mantra will be the most effective way of us believing the words.
* The repetition of this song creates a sense of predictability within the environment which the brain perceives as safety. A brain that can predict what’s coming next feels more in control and a brain in control is not a Brain in survival mode.
* Singing out loud is a fab controlled breathing exercise – every phrase we sing is a nice long out-breath!
* Singing activates the parasympathetic nervous system which reduces the heart rate, reduces our respiratory rate and brings out of anxiety experiences.
* Children still believe in their musicality (unlike us adults who think only ‘musicians’ are musical) so expressing in this way brings them joy, and creative fulfilment
* Music stimulates the pre frontal cortex which will help them to think more clearly, focus, make sense of and cognitively process their current state of events. Basically, children need music but they don’t need to be at school to be making it.
Music For One (music we make by ourselves, for ourselves) is just what the doctor ordered!
It’s not my original song but gee this anonymous artist wrote a real gem. We love that it’s been so helpful and brought so much joy and inspiration to you all.
Enjoy! Xxxx Allison Davies Registered Music Therapist
Allison Davies is a multi-award-winning Registered Music Therapist using music to support brain function and reduce anxiety (for you AND your children) and teaching you how it’s done!
She is creator of Brains = Behaviours and The Brain Care Café. A Tassie girl and storyteller, she shares her lived experience of autism and sensory processing disorder.
Allison teaches how you can be your child’s own therapist by ditching behaviour management and switching to braincare.
Ps. If you’re looking for ways to learn more, you can download my 12 Pillars of Braincare for FREE right here. https://www.allisondavies.com.au/brain-care-ebook/