Are anxiety, overload, or emotional dis-regulation a part of your family’s existence?
If you’ve just silently nodded to yourself, well, you’re in the right place. I’m here to teach you about your child’s brain, emotional & sensory needs so that you can help them to function at their best, kicking these problems to the curb and supporting your children to thrive.
I’m Alli ~ Mum, Wife, Educator, Advocate, Speaker, Neurologic Music Therapist and creator of Brains = Behaviours.
Since 2005 I’ve run a private music therapy practice in both clinical and community settings in the areas of early childhood intervention, special educational needs, autism spectrum disorder, juvenile detention, youth engagement, mental health, aged care, palliative care, dementia care, perinatal care and speech-rehabilitation.
In 2016 AMP recognised my workshop Brains = Behaviours with a grant and I was named a 2016 National AMP Tomorrow Maker for my contribution to helping create a better tomorrow for Australian families.
My aim is to offer you lightbulb moments. New levels of clarity that help you understand your child that little bit better, give you the knowledge you seek to empower you in making positive change for your families, classrooms, clients and friends.
I’m here for you, I love to hear from you, and I wish you well on the journey. xxx
- Neurologic Music Therapy Training, Academy of Neurologic Music Therapy, 2016
- Master Music Therapy, University of Queensland, QLD, 2005
- Bachelor Music/Bachelor Teaching, University of New England, NSW, 2003
- Australian Music Therapy Association
- World Federation of Music Therapy
- Academy of Neurologic Music Therapy
- 2016 National AMP Tomorrow Maker
- World Congress Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies, Melbourne, 2016
- International Dementia Conference, Sydney, 2016
- Tasmanian Palliative Care Compassionate Communities Forum, Burnie, 2016
- Tasmanian Palliative Care Forum, Hobart 2015
- Richmond Fellowship Asia Pacific Mental Health Conference, Hobart, 2010
- Breathing In New Life, Nurture, Natural Parenting Magazine, Autumn 2013
- Make It Tasmania, Alice Hansen, 2018, Allison Davies; The Power of Music
- AMP Foundation, National, November 24th, 2016, AMP Tomorrow Maker 2016
- ABC Northern Tasmania, Rick Eaves, 2016,North West music therapist presenting at World Congress in Melbourne
- The Huffington Post, Wilamina Falkenhagen, 2016, Music is The Medicine
- ABC Northern Tasmania, Rick Eaves, 2015, Music therapist Allison Davies says music therapy achieves outcomes and interest from GPs is growing
- The Resilient Leaders Foundation – Helping individuals return to their true nature as people and leaders, so they can best contribute to community. The Resilient Leaders Foundation